Over 120 peer reviewed scientific journal papers in the past 15 years with more than 1200 total citations. Hirsch index is 21 (21 papers I published had
received more than 21 citations).
- Japan IBM Prize for Electronics, 2006
- Plenary Speaker, The 27th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, July 26-30, 2004, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA.
- J. W. Corbett Prize for the Best Paper Presented by a Young Scientist at the 18th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors, Sendai, Japan, 1995.
- Young Author Best Paper Award, 22nd International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Vancouver, Canada, 1994.
- Scholastic Achievement Award, American Society for Metals Golden Gate Chapter, 1992.
- American Physical Society, 1993 to date.
- Materials Research Society, 1994 to date.
- Physical Society of Japan, 1995 to date.
(Chief Financial Officer and Member of Executive Committee, 2002-2004)
- Japan Society of Applied Physics, 1995 to date.
- Japanese Association of Crystal Growth, 1999 to date.
- Institute of Pure and Applied Physics, 2004 to date.
(Chief Financial Officer and Member of the Governing Board, 2004-2005)
The 29th International Conference on Physics of Semiconductors
Rio de Janeiro
January 25-27 2008
Second Japanese-French Frontiers of Science Meeting
November 12-14, 2007
5th International Symposium on Control of Semiconductor Interfaces
November 5-7 2007
Japan-US Frontiers of Engineering Meeting
Palo Alto, USA
Program Sub-Committee (Spintronics)
September 18-21, 2007
International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials
International Advisory Committee and Program Committee
July 22-27, 2007
The 24th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors
International Program Committee
May 20-24, 2007
The 5th International Conference on Silicon Epitaxy and Heterostructures
November 2006 to present
Int. Technology Roadmaps for Semiconductors, Emerging Research Devices and Materials
Planning Group Member
January 26-30, 2006
First Japanese-French Frontiers of Science Meeting
International Advisory Committee and Program Committee
August 15-18, 2006
4th Int. Conf. Physics and Application of Spin-related Phenomena in Semiconductors (PASPS IV)
July 24-28, 2006
The 28th International Conference on Physics of Semiconductors
August 1-5, 2005
The 3rd International School and Conference on Spintronics and Quantum Information Technology (Spintech III)
Conference Secretary and Program Committee
July 25-29, 2005
The 23th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors
May 23 to 26, 2005
The 4th International Conference on Silicon Epitaxy and Heterostructures
Awaji Island, Japan
Editor (with S. Tarucha and M. Fujisawa)
A special edition entitled “Coherence and Manipulation of Quantum States in Condensed Matters” of Solid State Physics
The most influential Journal on Solid State Physics in Japan
July 27-31, 2003
The 22th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors
June 19-22, 2003
The 2nd Nizhny Novgorod Workshop "High-Purity Monoisotopic Silicon. Production, Analysis, Properties and Application"
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Spin Manipulation Program Leader
October 2002- present
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Program, "Semiconductor Nano Spintronics,"
December 2001 and December 2002
Symposium on Quantum Computation, Research Institute of Electrical Communication
September 2-3, 2002
Quantum Information Processing Symposium, Annual Meeting of Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
Localization 2002-International Conference on Quantum Transport
September 24-28, 2000
The 9th International Conference on Shallow-Level Centers in Semiconductors
Semiconductor Section of the Physical Society of Japan
July 26-30, 1999
The 20th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors
Berkeley, CA, USA
- "Silicon Nanoelectronics," International Electronic Device Meeting (IEDM) to be held in Washigton DC, December 2007.
- "Nanospintronics - New Discovery and Application," Nanoelectronics Days 2006, October 11-13, 2006, Aachen, Germany.
- "Nanodomain Phase Transitions," The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS), Emerging Research Logic Devices Workshop, September 21, 2006, Montreux, Switzerland.
- "Photoluminescence and Photocurrent Detection of an Impurity Nuclear Spin: 31P in Highly Enriched 28Si," The 4th International Conference on Physics and Applications of Spin-related Phenomena in Semiconductors, August 15-18, 2006, Sendai, Japan (M. L. W. Thewalt, A. Yang, M. Steger, D. Karaiskaj, M. Cardona,H. Riemann, N. V. Abrasimov, A. V. Gusev, A. D. Bulanov, A. K. Kaliteevskii, O. N. Godisov, P. Becker, H.-J. Pohl, E. E. Haller, and J. W. Ager III).
- "Self-Assembly of Periodic Nano-Dots of Silicon and Germanium on a Vicinal Silicon (111) Surface," The 28th International Conference on Physics of Semiconductors, July 24-28, 2006, Vienna, Austria (with T. Sekiguchi, S. Yoshida1, J. Myslivecek, and B. Voigtländer).
- "Silicon Quantum Information Processing," The XI International Conference on Quantum Optics (ICQO2006), May 26-31, 2006, Minsk, Belarus.
- "Silicon Quantum Information Processing,"Recent Progress Towards Silicon-Based Quantum Computing," The International Workshop on Solid State Based Quantum Information Processing (QIP2006), May 24-26, 2006, Herrsching, Germany.
- "Silicon Quantum Information Processing," Spintronincs ? New Discovery and Application," The Second International Nanotechnology Conference on Communications and Cooperation (INC2), May 15-18, 2006, Washington DC, USA.
- "Silicon Quantum Computers," Japan-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, November 3-5, 2005, San Jose, USA.
- "Self-Assembly of Parallel Atomic Wires and Periodic Nano-Dots of Silicon and Germanium on a Vicinal Si (111) Surface," The Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, USA, November 28-December 2, 2005 (with T. Sekiguchi and S. Yoshida).
- "Control of Nuclear Spins," Lecturer at the 3rd International School and Conference on Spintronics and Quantum Information Technology (Spintech III), Awajishima, Japan, August 1-5, 2005.
- "Silicon Nuclear-Spin Quantum Computer," 2005 Silicon Nanoelectronics Workshop, June 12-13, 2005, Kyoto, Japan.
- "Oxidation of Si(001) Studied by High-Resolution RBS in Combination with Stable Isotope Tracing, " The 17th International Conference on Ion-Surface Interactions (ISI-2005), August, 2005, Zvenigorod. (with S. Hosoi, K. Nakajima, M. Suzuki, K. Kimura, Y. Shimizu1, S. Fukatsu, M. Uematsu, H. Kageshima, and K. Shiraishi).
- "Silicon Quantum Computer," Plenary Talk, The 27th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, July 26-30, 2004, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA.
- "Silicon Isotope Nanostructures," The 4th International Conference on Superlattices, Nanostructures, and Nanodevices, July 19-23, 2004, Cancun, Mexico.
- "Silicon Nuclear Spin Dynamics," The Annual Meeting of the Physical Society of Japan, March 27-29, 2004, Kyushu, Japan.
- "Silicon Nuclear Spin Quantum Computing," Symposium on Nanospintronics, The Magnetic Society of Japan, January 29-30, 2004, Tokyo, Japan.
- "All-Silicon Solid-State Quantum Computers," Solid State Quantum Information Processing Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (with Y. Yamamoto).
- "Phonon and Spin Engineering in Silicon," The Forum on the Science and Technology of Silicon Materials 2003, November 25-27, Shonan, Japan.
- "Silicon Quantum Computing," The Forum on the Science and Technology of Silicon Materials 2003, November 25-27, Shonan, Japan.
- "Nanotechnology for Quantum Computers," The International Conference on Quantum Information, November 5-7, 2003, Kyoto, Japan.
- "Impurities and Defects in Semiconductors for Quantum Computing," The Forth Symposium on Science and Technology of Silicon, January 23-25, 2004, Okayama, Japan.
- "Silicon Isotopes for Industrial Applications," The 12thSemiconductor Processing Symposium, 18, 2004, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Silicon Nuclear Spin Manipulation," University Tokyo Seminar on the Spin Coherence and Manipulation in Solids, September 10, 2004, Tokyo, Japan (with S. Sasaki).
- "All-Silicon Quantum Computer," Symposium on Materials Science and System Design, June 20-21, 2004, Kyoto, Japan.
- "Nanotechnology for Quantum Computing," University of Tokyo Institute of Industrial Science Seminar, April 10, 2004, Tokyo, Japan.
- "The Actual and Projected Availability of Highly Purified Nuclear-Spin-Free Epi-grade Si & Ge, and of Highly Purified Si29," Workshop on Quantum Information in Group IV Semiconductors, March 28-29, 2003, Oxnard, CA, USA.
- "Development of Quantum Computer based on Nanotechnology," JAPAN NANO2003, February 3-4, 2003, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Materials Science Education at Keio University: Adopting U. S. Instruction Practices in Japan," Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, USA, December 2-6, 2002.
- "Critical Exponents for Mott-Anderson Transition," The Sasaki Symposium, Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo, November 29-30, 2003, Kashiwa, Japan.
- "Quantum Computers," The Kubo Symposium on Statistical Physics, November 28, 2002, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Semiconductor Spintronics," Discussion Leader, Gordon Conference on Point and Line Defects in Semiconductors, July 7-12, 2002, Main, USA.
- "Semiconductor Nuclear Spin Quantum Computers" 21st Electronic Materials Conference, June 19-21, 2002, Shimoda, Japan.
- "Phonon Engineering based on Ge Isotope Superlattices," The 2nd International Workshop on New Group IV (Si-Ge-C) Semiconductors, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan, June 2-4, 2002 (with K. Morita).
- "Nuclear Spin Quantum Bits," Meeting of the Institute of Electronics, Information, Communication Engineers, March 15, 2002, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Semiconductor Nuclear-Spin Quantum Computing," Topical Meeting of the Division of Solid State Physics and Application, Japan Society of Applied Physics, October 17, 2001, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Semiconductor Nuclear Spin Quantum Bits," Fall Meeting of the Physical Society of Japan, September 17-19, 2001, Tokushima, Japan.
- "Semiconductor Nuclear-Spin Devices," Topical Meeting of the Japan Society of Applied Physics, March 28-31, 2001, Tokyo, Japan.
- "All Silicon Quantum Computing," The ERATO-JST Mini-Symposium on Quantum Computing: Principles and Implementations, Tokyo, Japan, August 24, 2001.
- "Nuclear Spin Engineering for Future Semiconductor Devices," The International Symposium on Isotope Effects in Physics, Chemistry and Engineering, Nagoya, Japan, August 22-24, 2001.
- "Theoretical Study of the Low-Field Electron Mobility in 4H- and 6H-SiC," The 9th Workshop on SiC and Wide-Gap Semiconductors, Nagoya, Japan, December 13-14, 2000 (with H. Iwata).
- "Quantum Computing using Spins in Semiconductors," The 15th Symposium on Science in Japanese Universities, Osaka, Japan, November 22-23, 2000.
- "Metal-Insulator Transition in Doped Semiconductors," The 25th International Conference on Physics of Semiconductors, Osaka, Japan, September 18-22, 2000.
- "28Si Single Crystals for the Next Generation Silicon Electronics," The 45th Workshop on Bulk Crystal Growth, Nagano, Japan, May 19, 2000.
- "Highly Thermal Conductive, Isotopically Enriched 28Si Single Crystals," The 16th Workshop on Silicon Technology, Tokyo, Japan, April 24, 2000.
- "Hopping Conduction Near Metal-Insulator Transition in Ge:Ga," The 8th International Conference on Hopping and Related Phenomena, Murcia, Spain, September 7-10, 1999.
- "Scaling Analysis of the Low Temperature Conductivity in Neutron-Transmutation-Doped 70Ge:Ga," International Conference on LOCALIZATION 1999-Disorder and Interaction in Transport Phenomena, Hamburg, Germany, July 30-August 3, 1999 (with M. Watanabe, Y. Ootuka, and E. E. Haller).
- "Metal-Insulator Transition in Ge:Ga," Workshop on Anderson Transition and Quantum Transport, 16-18 November, 1998, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Defect Studies using Isotopically Engineered Semiconductors," in the Asian Science Seminar on Physics and Control of Defects in Semiconductors, March 15-25, 1998, Osaka, Japan.